Back at it again with another blog post! 💃🏾 This weekend I got the chance to celebrate loveeeeee ❤️ *cues Keyshia Cole* lol. One of my big sisters in Delta got married!! (I just LOVE, love don’t you? ☺️) The ceremony was so sweet, and the reception soon after was a blast! I definitely enjoyed myself . I received a few of compliments on this little number so I decided to go ahead & blog about it 😄. This midi dress is perfect for a spring wedding. I saw it online a few months back, & I just had to have it. Both the color and sleeves are top trends for the season. Also, I have no idea what I was talking about in these pics, but I always say candids are the best! Get the deets below…
- “Joy” Off Shoulder Frill Sleeve Detail Midi Dress- Boohoo
- Metallic Quilted Clutch- Forever 21 (Similar)
- Nude Single Soles- (Charlotte Russe)
March is here which means Spring begins in 11 days! Yayyyyy! 😁 I’m ready for pretty weather; however, I’m not so ready for the pollen 🤒🤧 (allergies suck). With the new season comes a new set of Pantone’s Top 10 Colors. This week I’m showcasing shades of Niagara with a super casual sporty chic look. This blue is GORGEOUS in just about every shade. Get the outfit details below!
P.S. Kudos to my sorority sister Jimmeka for assisting me with blog pics during her weekend trip 🤗 Thanks girllll!
- Heather Grey “Don’t Need Fashion” Cropped Graphic Tee- Forever21
- Black Ribbed Midi Tank Dress- F21 (Similar)
- Distressed Hooded Denim Jacket- DIY (Similar)
- Nike Air Berwuda- Nike
So, this weekend I decided I wanted to make some of the super trendy frayed hem denim jeans. Initially I planned to buy them, but I ran across an old pair of jeans I never wear & decided to just do it myself 🙂 I used Youtuber Aya Baraqawi’s video for technique & added my own flare. This DIY was super easy to do. I will definitely do it again possibly using black denim next time. I love these jeans because of their versatility! They can be dressed up or down. I saw this t-shirt in look #1 at the thrift store & I just HAD to have it! I considered distressing & bleaching it, but I kind of feel like I need a break from that trend so I decided to leave it as is. I added the longline jacket to sort of play with dressing up t-shirts. For look #2 I decided to switch the top with a fuzzy sweater & add a super glam statement necklace. Both looks are fun & super easy to wear. Get the deets below!
- Heather Gray Verbiage Tee- Thrifted
- Frayed Hem Jeans- DIY (Similar)
- Neon Preforated Pumps (Similar)
- White Longline Jacket- FC (Similar)
- White Lunchbag Clutch- F21 (Similar)
- Black Fuzzy Sweater- F21 (Similar)
- Floral Stone Statement Necklace- F21 (Similar)
Hey LouBoos! I haven’t gotten a chance to post in a while. 2017 has been fairly busy because I’m in the process of making a slew of changes. I’m super excited, & I can’t wait to share them with you guys! 🙂 Today’s look is grungy chic. I’m wearing my favorite earthtones with a pop of color. When we were shooting my best friend/ one of my favorite photographers said I look like one of the characters from the Walking Dead (hence the name of this blogpost lol). My favorite piece in this look is the utility jacket because it’s super unique and can be dressed up or down. It’s certainly one of my favorite thrift store finds. You guys will definitely be seeing it again! Check out the outfit deets below!
📸: Miyako Studios
fashionably Lou ❤
- Oversized Black V-neck- H&M
- Stone Longline Utility Jacket- Fleet Street (Thrifted) (Similar)
- Camo Skinnies- FC (Similar)
- Black Pointed Toe Booties- F21 (Similar)
- Bracelets, Earrings, & Rings- FC
- Chevron Arrow Choker- FC (Similar)
- Paisley Scarf- FC (Similar)
- Black Backpack- FC (Similar)
Style Motivation of the Day:
* Don’t compare yourself to others. Your style is just that, YOURS! Always be yourself. Do you, boo boo! 💁🏾😂 💜